Getting a Library Card
Stickney-Forest View Public Library District card
- A valid photo ID (i.e. state ID card, driver's license, clinic card)
- Two (2) proofs of residency - official mail, utility bill, credit card bill, voting card, insurance card (if the photo ID has the current address, it counts as 1 (one) proof of residency)
If a second proof of residency cannot be provided (i.e. no mail/bills in the person's name, etc.) the Library will mail out the card after processing the application.
The Stickney-Forest View Public Library is a member of the SWAN Libraries consortium, which is over 100 members strong! Use your SFVPL card at these other locations.
To automatically find yourself on the map, use the SFVPLD Boundary Map. Click the magnifying glass beside "Stickney-Forest View P...", type your home address, and hit 'Enter'. The red dot should indicate your address in relation to the district map.
Renewing Your Library Card
Home patrons need to renew their card/account every three years. Reciprocal borrowers, like those from Chicago should renew every year. To renew your SFVPLD library card, visit the Circulation Desk with your current card. To renew, you will need:
- A valid state ID
- Your Library card (if possible)
- There is a $5 fee to replace lost cards that are not expired
(Replacement and renewal of expired library cards is free)
- Return all ovderdue library materials
- Complete payment of any standing fines or bills under your name from any SWAN System library
Using Your Card at Non-SWAN Libraries
SFVPLD patrons may register their cards at non-SWAN Libraries, such as Chicago Public Library, to check out items from other library systems throughout the Illinois. Applicants must complete that library's application process and present the following:
- A valid picture ID
- A valid library card in good standing (must owe less than $5 in late fees)
For more information call 708-749-1050 x100
Chicago Public Library Patrons
Patrons from Chicago Public Library (CPL), as well as other non-SWAN libraries, are eligible to be registered as reciprocal borrowers at SFVPLD. Applicants must fill out an application after presenting the following:
- A valid photo ID
- A valid library card in good standing (at CPL, owing no more than $10)